National Health Gateways
- Barry L. Hock’s @Inside HealthCare
- Center for Health Care Strategies
- Electronic Policy Network
- Health // Hippo
- Health Services and Public Health Sites on the Internet (University of Washington)
- Health Trends, Inc.
- Health Policy Sites (Intergovernmental Health Policy Project, George Washington University)
- Health Policy (DMOZ Open Directory Project)
- National Health Information Center
- Ohio University Libraries Health Policy Links
- Healtheconomics.com (formerly Patti Peeples’ Guide to Health Economics, Medical and Pharmacy Resources)
- Policy Community Online (Policy.com)
- Policy Information Exchange (PIE) Online
- Public, Occupational, & Environmental Health, Hardin MD (University of Iowa)
- Doctor’s Directory of Medical Internet Addresses (order info only)
Includes 1,000 medical web sites arranged in various lists. Designed for medical students, residents and physicians, directory also includes advice about searching Web. Order the book today and discover all it has to offer. E-mail for ordering information.
- Hardin MD (University of Iowa)
- Healthlinks.net (subscription service)
Includes only web sites that offer professional-level information, with descriptions based on unbiased, third-party reviews.
- Hospital Link
- Hospital Web
- The Medical Matrix
- Consumer Information (U.S. DHHS)
- Good Health Web
- Healthfinder (DHHS)
Links to 1250 sites to help consumers find DHHS information more easily.
- Hospital Link
- Internet Health Directory
Provides links to many websites related to health and medicine.
- Kaiser Permanente Online
Provides information within 24 hours to consumers about health questions they may have. A user ID is required for confidentiality purposes.
- InteliHealth (Johns Hopkins University & Aetna U.S. Healthcare)
Links to large collection of consumer health information.
- Mayo Health Oasis
Provides a) weekly update on health/research news; b) “Ask the Mayo Physician”; c) interactive quizzes and d) Heart Center, which provides advice and resources.
- NIH Health Information (NIH)
Provides consumers with a single point of access to NIH, including publications, clearinghouses and the Combined Information Database.
- Wellness Community