Home Page >> V. Key Health Policy Issues >> A. Burden of Illness >>Disability
- Social Security Disability Insurance. SSDI was created in 1957 to provide a financial assistance to workers who became injured or ill.It currently has about 10 million enrollees. Lifetime SSDI expenditures average $300,000 per person.
- OASDI Beneficiaries by State and ZIP Code, 2010 (released September 2011). Issued annually, available on-line back to 2003.
- Supplemental Security Income. SSI provides income assistance to elderly and disabled individuals with low incomes.
- Disability.gov connects the disability community to information and opportunities.
- Laws and Regulations (Disability.gov).
- Research and Statistics (Disability.gov).
- Disability Information and Resources