Premium Support Proposals
- Comparison of Medicare Premium Support Proposals (Kaiser Family Foundation 2012)
- Saving the American Dream: Comparing Medicare Reform Plans (Heritage Foundation 2012)
Expanding Medicare to Near-Elderly
- President Clinton Proposal: Issue Summary (Policy.com, 1/12/98)
Includes summary of proposal, key statistics and reaction of major interest groups.
- “Declining Employer Coverage May Affect Access for 55- to 64-year-olds.” (GAO 6/98: PDF file)
- New Study Finds That Most Uninsured Near Elderly Would Have Severe Difficulty Affording Coverage Under the President’s Medicare Buy-in Plan (Center for Studying Health System Change: 4/1/98)
- Near Elderly: Democrats Unveil Medicare Buy-In Bill (3/17/98)
- Estimated Cost of Proposed Near Elderly Expansion (CBO: 3/98)
- Next Steps in Incremental Health Insurance Expansions: Who is Most Deserving? (Center for Studying Health System Change: 4/98)
- “Wrong Medicine at the Wrong Time”: Goodman and Cordell, Brief Analysis No. 253, National Center for Policy Analysis, January 12, 1998.
- Medicare Extension a Step in the Right Direction (Robert Kuttner:1998)
- Expanding Troubled Medicare (National Center for Policy Analysis)
Other Medicare Reform Links
- Medicare Reform (search in Health Affairs, yielding 30+ articles)
- Avik Roy. Saving Medicare from Itself (National Affairs, Summer 2011)
- Medicare Is No Model for Health Reform (Joe Antos and Grace-Marie Turner: 9/11/09)
- Medicare+Choice Reform Proposal (Robert Berenson, Health Affairs 11/28/01)
- The American Nurses Association has released a proposal for Medicare reform that would improve preventive care.