PPACA & States
- National Academy of State Health Policy, State, State Refor(u)m is designed to support a listserv community of state officials working to implement federal health reform legislation.
- National Governors Association, Health Reform Implementation is a central resource for state leaders about health reform implementation.
- National Conference of State Legislatures, Health Reform Implementation
- Kaiser Family Foundation, The States provides a state-by-state view of health care reform implementation and news.
- California HealthCare Foundation, Health Reform & Public Programs Initiative contains material on the impact of PPACA on California, but much of its content is applicable to many states.
- HealthReformReport.com, States provides detailed information about provisions affecting states, listed by topic and providing an implementation timeline focused on these provisions.
- Health Care and You allows users to select a state to see how health reform is being implemented.
Research and Analysis
Many of the on-line resources listed also provide links to in-depth research and analysis. The following sites contain research and analysis by the site’s hosting organization:
- Heritage Foundation, State Health Care Reform
- What is the Impact of PPACA on the States? (Urban Institute)
- What is the Evidence on Health Reform in Massachusetts and How Might the Lessons from Massachusetts Apply to National Health Reform? (Urban Institute)
- Constitutional Challenges (George Washington University)
- Milliman, Inc., North Carolina Health Benefit Exchange Study: Draft Report, March 31, 2011.
- State Insurance Exchanges: The Case Against Implementation (Heartland Institute), April 2012.