- Alliance for Health Reform provides on-line briefings and policy briefs related to health reform.
- Bipartisan Policy Center | Leaders’ Project on the State of American Health Care will focus on developing bipartisan approaches to implementation.
- Brookings Institution | Engleberg Center for Health Care Reform.
- Cato Institute has research related to universal health care and other health topics.
- Center for Budget and Policy Priorities, Health Reform.
- Congressional Budget Office. Key Issues in Analyzing Major Health Insurance Proposals. This was written before PPACA was enacted, but nevertheless is a rich source of information about the health system and potential effects of reform.
- Health Affairs | Health Reform lists articles from the leading journal of health policy thought and research.
- George Washington University | Health Reform GPS
- Heritage Foundation | Health Care Reform provides a market-oriented perspective on health reform.
- Kaiser Family Foundation | Research and Analysis provides a gateway to its own in-depth reports on health reform as implementation proceeds. The Scan provides roundup of other studies and developments related to health reform.
- New England Journal of Medicine | Reform Implementation.
- RAND Corporation | RAND Compare provides information and tools to help policymakers, the media, and other interested parties understand, design, and evaluate health policies, including health reform.
- UMASS, Center for Health Law and Economics. Funding Opportunities in the Affordable Care Act (P.L. 111-148)
- Urban Institute | Real-Time Policy Analysis provides analysis of the impact and key issues under health care reform (funded by Robert Wood Johnson Foundation).
PPACA Impact on Health Expenditures
- Welcome to the PPACA Cost (Or Savings) Dartboard
- Congressional Budget Office. Estimates for the Insurance Coverage Provisions of the Affordable Care Act Updated for the Recent Supreme Court Decision (July 2012).
- Engelberg Center for Health Care Reform, “Bending the Curve: Effective Steps to Address Long-Term Health Care Spending Growth,” Brookings Institution, August 2009. Written before enactment of ACA, this report argues that health reform with many of the provisions that became part of ACA would “bend the cost curve” of health spending.
- Kinney, Eleanor D., Comparative Effectiveness Research under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act: Can New Bottles Accommodate Old Wine? (August 10, 2011). American Journal of Law and Medicine, Vol. 37, No. 4, December 2011. Available at SSRN: http://ssrn.com/abstract=1907988
PPACA Impact on Jobs/Economy
- ObamaCare Watch, Jobs/Economy has news about economic impact of PPACA.
- Stephanie Rennane, C. Eugene Steuerle. Health Reform: A Four-Tranche System: Updated and Revised. (Urban Institute, February 11, 2011)