V. Key Health Policy Issues >> M. Quality/Satisfaction>> Quality Improvement >> Physician Quality
- See National Practitioner Data Bank, Professional Accreditation and Resident Medical Hours under Health Professionals Regulation
- Comparing Health Care Quality: A National Directory (RWJ Foundation)
- Physician Profiling (JAMA)
- Public Citizen Releases Annual Ranking of State Medical Boards’ Effectiveness in Disciplining Doctors
- Medical Justice is a membership-based organization that is dedicated to relentlessly protecting physicians from frivolous medical malpractice lawsuits through deterrence, early action, and effective response strategies.
- Are Medical Residents Overworked? (Duke University Capstone Report 05/00)
On-Line Physician Ratings
- Angie’s List includes separate ratings for dentists, dermatologists, OBGYN, ophthalmologists, pediatricians, plastic Surgeons, primary care, and psychiatrists.
- Consumers’ Checkbook provides nonprofit ratings of doctors and dentists
- Florida On-Line Physician Profiles
- HealthGrades.com, Find a Doctor
- Physician Compare. Physician Compare (run by Medicare.gov) has information about Medicare-enrolled physicians and healthcare professionals.
- RateMDs.com. Free directory of consumer ratings of MDs; includes 1.37 million doctors in the U.S. and Canada.
- Vitals.com. More than 120 million people visit Vitals each year to find, compare, and talk about physicians. From background data to patient reviews, Vitals provides the most accurate data on a doctor’s education, specialties and practice areas, hospital affiliations, awards, contact information, accepted insurance types, visit cost and more.
- Yelp.com includes health and medical reviews by consumers.