N. Mass Media
Resources for Health Care Journalists
- USC Annenberg. Reporting on Health. Provides Lessons from the Field, Sources Directory, and Useful Resource Guides for health care journalists.
- Health Is Everything: Using Data to Report Great Stories on Your Community’s Health is a downloadable step-by-step guide that will help journalists, bloggers, health communicators, and researchers find data to illuminate stories on their local communities.
The following are links to health policy-related headline feeds from the Top 5 highest circulation newspapers in the U.S. as of March 31, 2009, according to Audit Bureau of Circulations.
- USA Today | Health News
- Wall Street Journal | Health News
- New York Times | Health Care Money and Policy
- LA Times | Science (no specific feed for health news is available)
- Washington Post | Health
Digitized Historical Newspaper Collections. These are digitized and searchable electronically.
- Chronicling America (Library of Congress). Search America’s historic newspapers pages from 1836-1922 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. The directory of newspaper titles contains nearly 140,000 records of newspapers and libraries that hold copies of these newspapers.
- Old Fulton NY Postcards. Tom Tryniski has digitized over 500 historical New York newspapers and created a searchable digital archive of the results.
- Business Week
- Forbes (bi-weekly)
- Fortune (monthly)
- Newsweek (weekly)
- Time (weekly)
- U.S. News and World Report (weekly)
- American Medical News (AMA) (weekly)
- Congressional Quarterly (weekly)
- Managed Care Market News (Managed Care Information Center)
- The Medical Tribune (bi-weekly: NY Times Syndicate)
- Modern Healthcare
- Modern Healthcare News Today
- Nando Health/Science News
- Nation’s Business (U.S. Chamber of Commerce: monthly)
- News Report (National Academy of Sciences: 3 issues per year)
- Health Business Wire
- Capitol Newswire (press releases from Washington DC agencies on selected subjects: for journalists only)
- Liszt Select: Health (subscription instructions for health-related mailing lists, mostly consumer)
- PR Newswire (news releases from business and government)