- Claremont Institute, Center for Environmental Education Research
- Competitive Enterprise Institute
Pro-market, public policy group. Site includes news and electronic newsletter, CEI UpDate.
- Environmental Change and Security Project (Woodrow Wilson Center)
Serves as information clearinghouse on views, activities and policy initiatives falling under the rubric of “environment, population & security.” ECSP acts as a neutral, non-partisan forum for researchers, practitioners & interested individuals to meet, exchange ideas and concerns, and develop cross-disciplinary dialogue.
- Environmental Health Center (National Safety Council)
- Environmental Law Institute
Mission is to advance environmental protection by improving laws, policy and management. Site provides information on environmental justice and other issues.
- Environmental Working Group (EWG)
EWG is a non-profit research organization providing information on environmental topics, including water system violations and wetlands loss.
- Foundation for Research on Economics and the Environment
- Heartland Institute
- National Council for Science and the Environment
CNIE’s mission is to improve scientific basis for making decisions on environmental issues.
- National Wilderness Institute
- Nautilus Institute for Security and Sustainable Development
- Political Economy Research Center (environmental health) Market-oriented think tank conducting research and policy analyses on endangered species, forestry, fisheries, mines, parks, public land property rights, Superfund, water, wildlife and environmental education.
Social regulation issues concerning the environment, risk regulation, workplace, FDA, etc.
- Thoreau Institute
Conducts research on forest and public land management to find market-oriented approaches to protect the environment, including user fees, markets and incentives.
- World Resources Institute