State Executive Branch
State Agency Links
- Directory of State Officials: ordering info only (Council of State Governments)
CSG State Directories (CD-ROM) provide contact information on elective officials and administrative officials, including: a) government position; b) political party; c) first name; d) last name; e) state; f) city; g) Zip Code; h) state district; i) phone number; j) Fax number; k) E-mail address; l) preferred mailing address; m) Capitol address; and n) title. These can be used to create customized mailing labels etc.
- State Administration and Finance (NASCIO)
Site provides links to executive branch administrative departments, including budgeting, in all states.
- Governor’s Offices (NASCIO)
Site provides links to Office of the Governor in most, but not all, states.
- Master List of Attorneys General (National Association of Attorneys General)
Up-to-date list. Another portion of the site contains background info on terms, duties, and governance of state attorney generals.
- Health, Human Services and Welfare Agencies (NASCIO)
Site provides links to health, aging and social services agencies. Some states have 5-6 entries while others have none, so this falls well short of being a comprehensive listing.
- Energy, Environment and Natural Resources Agencies (NASCIO)
Site provides links to various environment-related agencies; listings are incomplete.
- Regulation and Licensing Agencies (NASCIO)
Site provides links to various health-related agencies, including occupational licensure agencies, insurance departments, and those regulating radiation hazards; listings are incomplete.
- State Health Agencies (George Washington University)
Site provides links to each state’s lead health agency.
- State Workers’ Compensation Agencies (NC Industrial Commission)
Site provides links to workers’ compensation agencies in all 50 states and Washington, DC.
- Federation of State Medical Boards
- State Physician Disciplinary Boards (MedAccess)
Site provides address and phone of each state disciplinary board.
- State Pesticide Regulatory Agencies
- Census State Data Centers
Centers provide training/technical assistance in accessing and using Census data for research, administration, planning and policymaking by government, business, universities and others.
- Registry of State-Level Efforts to Integrate Health Information (DHHS)
Site developed by Assistant Secretary for Planning and Evaluation at DHHS under contract with Lewin Group. Site provides a) taxonomy of state health data integration activities; b) state profiles & contacts; and c) search site by topic area.
National Professional Organizations
- National Governors Association (NGA)
- National Alliance of State and Territorial AIDS Directors (NASTAD)
- National Association of State Budget Officers (NASBO)
- National Association of State Medicaid Directors (NASMD)
- Association of State and Territorial Health Officers (ASTHO)
- Association of Maternal and Child Health Programs
- National Assembly on School-Based Health Care (NASBHC)
- National Association of Health Data Organizations (NAHDO)
- National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC)
- National Association for State Mental Health Program Directors (NASMHPD)
- National Association of State Alcohol and Drug Abuse Directors
- National Association of Community Health Centers
- National Association of State Chief Information Officers (NASCIO)
- National Association of State and Territorial AIDS Directors
- Healthcare Legal, Legislative, Compliance and Regulatory Resources
- National Association of State Auditors, Comptrollers and Treasurer